Thursday, September 5, 2013

Prayers Answered!!!

Today we had a very good day.  God answered several of our prayers!!!

1. Daniel was approved for infusion treatment, and it is covered 100% by insurance!!!

2. Daniel will be starting his treatment this next Tuesday at 8:00am.

3. We also told both Steven and Daniel tonight, we did not tell them specifics or as detailed as possible. We just talked about how Daniel was sick and the doctors are working to help him get better.  And this medicine may take awhile to help him.

Steven, was very concerned and asked a lot of hard questions.  We talked to Steven separately so that Daniel did not overhear these questions and get more worried then necessary.  This was super hard for me, it was like I was sitting in my kitchen as an eight year old again listening to my Dad tell me "Don't worry until I tell you its time to worry."  I am going to chose to look at this as a blessing that I have been the sibling with a chronically ill sibling at home, and hopefully I can help Steven with some of the things that I know I struggled with as a child myself.

Daniel on the other hand was very cute!  He asked if the needle was going to be like the blood sucking needles, "because that one doesn't hurt that bad, Mommy."  He then asked if we would have to go to the hospital, when I told him that we were going to Dr. Casper's office, his response was "Good I like him."  And then in a very matter of fact way he said "Ok, can I go outside and play now?"

God is so Good!!! I'm sure that Daniel will have more questions and we will have more hard conversations but for tonight God helped us to speak to our baby in a way that he understood and did not seem to be over concerned with.

Thank you for your prayers, They were felt and obviously heard!

Love,
Ryan and Angela


2 comments:

  1. Wow. I did not know this was going on. We absolutely adore your family! I'm late greeting into the game, but prayers are definitely coming your way! XO. The Korland's

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you guys! Please let us know if there is anything at all we can do to support you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I am humbled at the thought that you are taking time from your day to comment on my little'o post. I hope you enjoy!